Hey all! I’ve been meaning to post this for almost a month. I’ve been working on it off and on and then putting it back in the queue. I sorta popped into this blog at Blogger as if continuing on from my past ones and most of you all still don’t know a whole lot about me versus what’s happening to me. And what use is listening to me rant about my life if you don’t have an idea of who I am.
So…here’s part one of what may be an indefinite amount of tidbits.
(btw. Thanks goes to Rick at Bandit Talks for ispiration with many of the questions I could ask myself.)
1. What is your natural hair color? A light sandy brown, but I have a habit of changing my hair color a lot. For years, it was every shade of blonde but right now i’ve been keeping it in the dark brown to black spectrum. Once I grow my hair back out, it’ll go back to black. My hair used to be a lot like Milo Ventimiglia’s (from “Heroes”) but I cut it cause the beau liked it short, and i’ve been kicking myself since.
2. Where was your profile picture taken? It was one of the shots taken for my portfolio in the short stint I did with Face Models. I was totally surprised they signed me considering I’m 5’3″ and small, not your standard male model. After a few gigs of running stands at our local college football games convincing students to sign up for credit cards for free umbrellas, I slowly phased it out of my life. As my credit has been totally ruined because of me being taken into the world of credit before I was ready for it, I felt horrible doing the same to others for the sake of me pretending to be a model.
3. What’s your middle name? Stephen actually. I was supposed to be a Junior but my mom hated my dad’s middle name and thus fought for Stephen. I’m glad she did, not sure if i’d want to go through life with the name Caylor. Uggh. Definitely different though.
I also go by Ste most of the time now. I adopted it ages ago after years of watching “Beautiful Thing”. I hate the nickname Steve just because I grew up in the era of “Family Matters” and Steve Urkel…yeah, bad memories there.
4. Your current relationship status? Partnered, but you all know how well it seems to be going lately.
5. What is one thing that makes you happy? I really enjoy eating out. It’s the whole experience of getting out of the house, enjoying a great meal in a unique atmosphere (i use unique loosely). Whether it be at the mall’s food atrium (boy-watching nonetheless) or at a nice restaurant taking in the best. Just something very refreshing and calming for me.
6. What’s the last thing you bought? Hmm… Cigs for the beau (he goes through like a pack a day) and made a run to the liquor store. Yeah, the answer to this question makes me look real good 😛
7. If you could go back in time and change something what would it be? I definitely would’ve changed my experience in college. I was a great student during high school, went to a pre-college program acing most of the things there and then went straight into college. I soon moved out on my own and discovered the gay community and a life outside of school.
Long story short, I ended up sacrificing my college career living the social life I never had during high school. Some of that I blame on an overprotective mother, but mostly I blame it on myself. I made bad decisions. I know it’s cliche, but kids stay in school! I wish I had.
8. Ever had a near death experience? In my early years of driving I had a number of automobile accidents and luckily I made it through all of them…roughly 4, with 2 of them being totalled. I was very lucky to make it out of all of them with nary an injury. Apparently I’m here for some purpose, just haven’t found it yet.
9. Something you do a lot? I have a nervous habit, and if you’re ever around me I’m either playing with my tongue ring, chewing gum, or talking with my hands OR all of the above.
10. What’s the name of the song stuck in your head? I’ve had two constantly in my head lately. “Big Girls Don’t Cry” – Fergie, and “Shut Up and Drive” – Rihanna
11. If you could have one super power what would it be? I would love to have invisibility for myself. But, I was and still am a big comic book fan and years ago I used to be part of email groups putting together superhero/Xmen stories and making up characters as well as controlling established ones according to book standards. It was real fun, just don’t have too much time to even consider it nowadays. I remember the one character I purely created named Drift. He had the ability to control the gravity around him and other things. Yeah, I’m a dork. lol
12. What’s the first thing you notice about the opposite sex? The more I see the opposite sex, it just makes me that much more happy to be gay. LOL
13. What do you usually order from Starbucks? The only thing I’ve ever ordered from Starbucks has been a caramel macchiato on a number of occasions. I haven’t really delved into the menu yet. >>
14. What’s your favorite color? Blue definitely but it differs according to categories lol. I like silver for automobiles and my clothing revolves around neutral colors.
15. Do you still watch kiddy movies or TV shows? Kiddy movies? They’re animated feature films thank you. But yep I sure do. I don’t watch as many cartoons as I usually did (used to love watching Pepper Ann on Toon Disney for the longest time), but I still catch films. Shrek the Third being the most recent. I’m still not sure about Ratatouille though, even after all the positive blogs about it. I still haven’t seen anything in previews that makes me think I’d enjoy it. *cry*
16. What are you eating or drinking at the moment? Snacking on sunflower seeds and a vodka and diet pepsi mixer. >>
17. Do you speak any other language? I can speak some spanish. Used to be a spanish major at one time in college and got really good at one point, very rusty now. Also communicate real well in Sign language. Had a longer stint in college working toward being an interpreter. I enjoy sign very much, comes very naturally to me.
18. What’s your favorite smell? As discussed in another blog recently in About a Boy and His Briefs. The sweaty smell of hot male testosterone is the best smell! I even admitted that whenever I get near a guy I think is too hot, I take a deep breath just in hopes of catching a whiff of their “scent”. Biggest turn on ever!
19. What are you thinking about right now? How I’m going to afford cosmetology school. Doing some research today and talking to the two large schools here in the city, I’m going to at least drop 3k up front for either. I’ve got appointments for tours next wednesday so hopefully I can explore pell grants, financial aid or something. The overall cost didn’t surprise me, just the up-front cost. ><
20. What should you be doing? Probably trying to find a way to mow the lawn. With the beau out of commission and no way for him to get the mower he borrows, we have a pretty grown-up lawn at the moment. It’s kinda sad and embarrassing.
21. Name 5 things in your closet: Hmmm, we’re still kinda unpacked from our move, soo…
1. 3 boxes full of my comic collection
2. a box full of our porn tape collection
3. the fact that 3/4s of the clothes in the closet are mine, yeah i like my clothes.
4. On my closet door is a poster of Hal Sparks from Queer As Folk, from the episode where they were setting him up with an internet dating ad photo. The beau and I took a trip to Atlanta and we visited this adult/gay novelty shop and it was there. YUM.
5. I have 5 shirts I got from various Backstreet Boy concerts I attended. ^^ I still will go see the boys if it’s within my power. I liked the boy band era…fun dance music.
22. What one thing do you desire most? Financial stability and comfort. I don’t long to be rich, just comfortable. Able to pay my bills, have casual spending, and save some money in the process.
23. Can’t Live Without…? Deodorant. I hate that feeling when you’ve forgotten your deodorant on a trip or something and you can’t apply it. It’s like all this added friction starts happening in your armpit. Gosh I hate that feeling. I’m surprised that I answered the question this way…but go figure.
24. Least Favorite Subject in School? It’s a toss up between math and science, but I’m going to have to go with science. I’ve just never been able to attach myself to any of the subjects.
25. Secret Ambition? I would love to be a bartender at a gay club. I know it’s probably not all it’s cracked up to be, but it’s a secret ambition of mine. There just seems to be a level of prestige I would enjoy. The only reason I never pursued it…the hours. Nope, couldn’t deal with late nights, every night.
And there’s part one of me. Hope you learned a bit about me, and if not…give me your own questions or requests. *HUGS*